Friday, November 19, 2010

Yummy Cookies:)

First, I'd like to brag a little and say that I have already drank 6 bottles of water and it's only 4. Guess that goal is going to be much easier than I expected!

Strawberry Greek yogurt w/ granola and a banana


I had to wake up early today in order to watch my nephew, so breakfast was a must. I decided to try Greek yogurt for the first time and thanks to the advice from Crazy Wife I started with strawberry instead of plain. I also put a little bit of Truvia since I didn't have Splenda. I then added granola which I have never used before, but I must admit it was delicious.

After my nutritious breakfast I headed to my parent's house where my nephew was waiting:) I enjoyed play time, but nap time was a nice break for Auntie McKenzie!
My adorable nephew
While he was napping, I was able to make Pumpkin Spice Cookies, which were ooohhhh so delicious!! I'm not a cookie fan at all, but these aren't your typical hard cookie. I was curious how they would turn out in a mini muffin pan, so I attempted to veer from the recipe (which I normally don't do as I'm not much of a baker or cook for that matter). But the results were definitely a home run. I sent some back home with my nephew so his older sister could enjoy them too! 












Thankfully, I had thought ahead and brought stuff with me to make a sandwich.  No offense to my mother, but I knew she wouldn't have any nutritious options (sorry mom!).
 I got home just in time to whip something together for my dinner since I had to bring it to work.  Italian Pasta was my choice cause it's simple yet so filling. It consists of whole wheat pasta, veggies of your choice (I used zucchini, red peppers, and carrots), chicken, and fat free Italian dressing.  It is one of my favorite meals. I just hope I can hold off a couple more hours cause it is calling my name!
Chicken and veggies cooking...yummy

No comments:

Post a Comment