Friday, November 19, 2010

My Weakness

I had a little set back tonight; one I always face when I try to eat healthy.  My biggest food weakness is french fries...dun dun duh.  I'm a little embarrassed to say this, but I'm obsessed with them.  If I had to choose one food to live off of for the rest of my life, it would be potatoes hands down.  In my perfect world, every meal would consist of potatoes.  But in my new nutritious world, potatoes are my enemy.  So, back to my set back.  I had just ran out to rent a movie (Sex and the City 2 if you're curious...ha), and after passing the endless row of fast food restaurants, my craving started to kick in.  I finally gave in as I usually do.  And to be honest, they were delicious.

But now I'm left with an empty box and the guilt of eating the fries.  My next goal will be to find an alternative to the greasy fries I know consider my foe.  My first attempt will be rutabaga fries.  I'll let you know how they stack up!


Now I ask you, what food can you not live without?

1 comment:

  1. Being from an Italian family, I think the one thing(s) I couldn't live without would probably be pasta, any type of pasta, and Italian bread. They have always been staples of my diet, fortunately or unfortunately, and while I would be able to cut down on my pasta consumption, I couldn't live without it. Since eating the turkey sandwiches constantly can get dull very quickly here are a couple of other options you might want to try.

    Chicken Caesar Pita-I used to eat these a lot and a great alternative to a cold sandwich here's a link I found for a recipe: http://www.eatbetteramerica.com/recipes/30-minutes-or-less/healthified-chicken-caesar-pitas.aspx

    The next two are stuffed bell peppers, I have preface this by saying in no way could I pull off making these but I have had them on a number of occasions. One recipe contains coos coos, while the other is more of a meat loaf stuffed pepper.
    Coos Coos:
    http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=10000001185329

    Meatloaf:
    http://simplyrecipes.com/recipes/dads_stuffed_bell_peppers/

    Hope these help :)

    ReplyDelete