Sunday, November 21, 2010

Pizza & Game Day!

After my long day at work yesterday, I guess my body needed sleep because at 11 o'clock this morning I was woken by a phone call.  On the other end was my dad wondering when I'd be out for the game.  So I jumped out of bed to put my jersey and hat on!  My father is a big Kansas City Chiefs fan, and his enthusiasm has rubbed off on me.  I loaded the dogs up for a play date at Nana and Papa's and off we were.  Thankfully, the Chiefs beat the Cardinals (sorry Cardinals fans).
Dad and me before a Chiefs game in September


See full size imageFor lunch we had one of our hometown favorites, Davis Brothers Pizza.  I was born in Peoria, Illinois but have moved all around, finally ending up in Arkansas (random, I know). But my great uncle brings us frozen pizza from our favorite pizza place whenever he comes to visit.  The sausage and cheese pizza definitely wasn't healthy but sometimes it's hard to resist when it's a childhood favorite.  Any hometown favorites you can't live without?

After the game it was time for work...again :( Once studying became too unbearable, I decided to finish watching, Hachi, a movie I had previously started. I do not recommend  the movie to avid dog lovers! I cried the entire time and not just a little bit.  I was bawling like a 2 year old who just had their favorite toy taken away.  I had a perfectly good reason though;  the Akita in the movie reminds me of a furrier version of my dog, Addie.  She's my best friend, and it's hard to imagine life without her.  Hachi is a very touching movie, but just be warned that crying will definitely happen!


My baby, Addie!



Now that my tears are all wiped away, I guess it's time for more studying.


What movies tug at your heartstrings and make you cry??

No comments:

Post a Comment