Thursday, November 18, 2010

Assignment #1

Last night I spent a lot of time setting goals for myself and my new and improved lifestyle. It was difficult getting to sleep! One of the first "hurdles" I want to accomplish might seem so simple and easy to most people, but for me it's one of the most difficult: drinking 6-8 glasses of water a day.  I've always known it is important, but I loathe water (yes my hatred goes that deep).  If you told me to drink 6-8 diet cokes a day I'd have no problem, but water is different.  I am just a few weeks away from completing my first semester of nursing school (YAY!) and not until now do I realize how important it is to drink plenty of water. Learning about fluid and electrolyte balance made me wonder how my body is still working properly considering the fact that I drink absolutely no water! So this is why my first goal is to start drinking plenty of water.  If I can accomplish this then I can do anything:)

So far today I have drank 3 bottles of water and I'm working on my 4th. As for diet coke, I had 1 with lunch which is definitely an accomplishment on its own. Lunch also consisted of the veggie platter at a local restaurant(salad w/ light italian dressing, green beans, squash, and some apple sauce). After grocery shopping, I came home to make some cupcakes for a co-worker's birthday. This was no easy task because all I wanted to do was lick the bowl clean, but I stayed strong and refrained.  I also promised myself not to eat any, which would be easier if they would hurry up and vanish!

Since I work evening shift I had to pack my dinner, which consists of a turkey sandwhich on whole wheat bread, and a salad with fat free balsamic dressing. I brought some carrots and a banana to snack on because snacking is usually my weakness.

If you're wondering what happened to breakfast, I didn'y have any. Since I work late, I usually don't wake up in time for breakfast and just skip right to lunch.  This will be my next goal: eat a nutritious breakfast every morning. At the store today I bought greek yogurt and granola, which I'll try out tomorrow.  I will definitely need the energy since I'm baby-sitting my rambunctious 14 month old nephew tomorrow morning. Wish me luck!



They are taunting me!

2 comments:

  1. I love reading blogs. Sounds like this will be great for you and fun. Good job with the H20.
    Jenny Laughlin

    ReplyDelete
  2. So just warning you - if you got plain greek yogurt it's pretty sour so I always add splenda or sweet & lo to it...which I'm pretty sure defeats the purpose :)
    Good luck with your healthy eating! I need to start. And welcome to the blogworld :)

    ReplyDelete